Sebastian was a superstar throughout the trip, which we calculated was 33 hours door-to-door. His one and only meltdown lasted just 2-3 minutes after waking, uncomfortable, on the flight to GZ, after 45 minutes. He went back to sleep soon, though, and slept for the first 8 hours, then for another 2 hours later in the flight. We couldn't have asked for more! Tripp and I also slept for about the first 8 hours, which is unheard of for us. We all had a little melatonin, and it seemed to work!
Guangzhou was hot, humid, and overcast. We got to hang out in the first class lounge for several hours while waiting for our connection. Sebastian has his first dumpling, with lotus seeds.
Guangzhou was hot, humid, and overcast. We got to hang out in the first class lounge for several hours while waiting for our connection. Sebastian has his first dumpling, with lotus seeds.
Sebastian received lots of attention throughout our trip. When we stopped in a toy store in GZ, he had the young staff surrounding him, chucking him under the chin and talking to him. Everyone was pointing at him and smiling, but he seems not to have noticed yet.
Our guide, Jerry, met us at the Kunming airport with two huge, beautiful bouquets of roses! The drive to the hotel wasn't nearly as nerve-wracking as I had expected, though it was pouring with rain.
We unpacked, showered, bathed Sebastian, and fell into bed for a 2-hour nap. Our agency rep, Kathy, called to make sure we are OK, and said that she had spoken with the orphanage director about Yuyu! Apparently they are trying to tell him what is going to happen, and she said that he is healthy, but nervous. Poor little man!
We have ordered some room service, though I don't at all feel like eating, and the thought of food actually makes me want to be sick right now. Sebastian has been unable to wake fully from his nap, and after attempting to keep him awake for an hour, we gave in, and let him go back to sleep. I'll be joining him as soon as I get some toast and ginger ale.
Oh, I almost forgot! We met another adoptive family on our flight to GZ! I had corresponded with Tina only a week or so ago, then sort of forgotten that they would be here around the same time as us. Fun!
At LAX








3 comments:
Well let me be the first american to welcome you to China! Sebastian will - no doubt - be a big hit with the locals - our 23 year old daughter (a blonde like her dad) was a REAL hit with the local guys!
Thanks for sharing your journey with us - I'm sure you are counting the hours until gotcha - great joy here! Good things only your way!
aus and family
Hi Jen
Glad to hear that you all arrived safe and sound.
Love the pictures of your little man. He is so darn cute.
I just wanted to say good luck and enjoy. We are hoping to be in Kunming for our 8 y.o. son sometime in April or May. I will be hanging on every word you write so we know what to expect and where to go and what to do when our turn comes.
Again, all the best to you and your family.
Lisa (adoption house/heritage)
That kid is so cute it hurts me.
I can't wait to meet all your kids in person. Best of luck tomorrow.
Post a Comment