It's amazing how an innocent, mindless action, such as clicking on a link, can change your life.
That's what I did yesterday morning, and there before me was the face of a little boy in China that I swear is meant to be our son.
His name is Xi Yao Yu. He will turn two on July 5, so that all the men in my family: Tripp, by dad, my brother, and this little boy, would have birthdays within a month of one another. Xi YaoYu has burn scars on his left arm and torso. Otherwise, he is perfect! His expression is one of intelligence, curiosity, confidence, and determination.
I looked at his pictures all day yesterday, and requested his file from his agency, which, by the way, is not the agency we have signed with! China no longer allows adoption agencies to collaborate on adoptions, so we would have to start over on our paperwork- a daunting task. This would also mean that Xi YaoYu would probably not be able to come home until around his birthday, or later.
This entire idea is crazy! We were waiting for a girl! I still want a daughter. Xi YaoYu and Sebastian are only 5 months apart- they would be "virtual twins". But, oh, wouldn't they have a blast together? We were expecting to wait another year, so we aren't ready! We didn't want an older toddler, either. Xi YaoYu is almost the opposite of everything we thought we wanted. But I could look into his eyes for hours. Not even his real eyes- photos of his eyes!
So...I have contacted the agency with a long list of questions. Most importantly, why on earth is this little angel still available? Is there something I am missing? And then the logistical questions: what would we have to do to adopt him?
Stay tuned for an update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment